- Built in 1984
- 210 Apartments
- 40 Floors
This 42-story condominium apartment tower is boldly sculpted with a stepped form and rounded balconies.
Designed by Stephen B. Jacobs & Associates, one of the city's most innovative residential architects, it has some unusual layouts and many excellent views. It was developed by Ian Bruce Eichner.
It was one of several major new high-rise towers to follow in the wake of Sotheby's move from Madison Avenue to a warehouse building on York Avenue and 72nd Street. Located on First Avenue, this tower actually is closer to more neighborhood shopping and amenities than those closer to the auction house.
With its curves and verticality, this beige brick tower, which was built in 1984, is rhythmically dramatic, even if it is not beautiful. In addition to its concierge and garage, it offers residents laundry facilities on every floor, a health club, video security, storage space and a bicycle room.
- Carriage House, 159 West 24th Street
- Fifty Third and Eighth , 301 West 53rd Street
- Love Lane Mews, 9 College Place
- The Belgravia, 124 East 79th Street
- The Rio, 304 East 65th Street
- The Octavia, 216 East 47th Street
- 432 West 52nd Street
- Elan, 255 1st Street
- The Club at Turtle Bay, 236 East 47th Street
- The Bel Canto, 1991 Broadway